Recipe by Sueie
We like potatoes in our house, and this is one of our stand-bys for when I run out of inspiration. Easy to make with on hand ingredients.
Top Review by Northern Star
This was really good! The onion and garlic taste was subtle and not overpowering but added great flavor. I did substitute about 1/2 cup of sour cream for the milk in the potatoes. I used romano cheese for the topping because thats what I had in the house and it was great.
- 1 (2 lb) kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 100 (3 1/2 ounce) g butter
- 10 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh coarse breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat ove the oven to moderately hot.
- Boil the potato until tender, drain and return to the pan, then mash until smooth.
- Melt half the butter in a small pan and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Cook the spring onion and garlic until soft, then add to the mashed potato with the milk.
- Mash together until smooth.
- Spoon into shallow casserole dish and smooth top.
- To make crumble topping:- Melt remaining butter and mix with the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley.
- Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is golden and crispy.