1/1 Photo of Potato & Cheddar Quesadilla
Here's my favorite way to use up left-over mashed potatoes. If your mashed potatoes are flavored with garlic, onions, etc. it's all the better. Measurements are approximate since I usually throw this together to use up leftovers in the fridge. If my potatoes are plain, I have been known to add a little chicken bouillon to give them more flavor. Serving size may vary- my two year-old DD and I share one of these for lunch. This definitely is not a "diet" meal, but, it's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3-1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced onions or 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon red & black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot salsa, for dipping
- canned jalapeno slices or leftover meat (cooked chicken works well) or sour cream or other cooked vegetables
- 1Place a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Put a small amount of olive oil in a large preheated skillet.
- 3Spread mashed potatoes on one tortilla, and place it potato side-up in skillet.
- 4Top with shredded cheddar, spices, and any other optional ingredients that you are using.
- 5Top with the other tortilla and cover the pan.
- 6When cheese is melted & bottom tortilla is crisp, carefully turn over the quesadilla, and cook uncovered until the other tortilla is crispy (3-4 minutes).
- 7Slice into wedges, and serve with salsa or sour cream for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato & Cheddar Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.4
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 2560.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 35.9 g