BBQ Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf Cupcake & Mashed Potato Frosting
- Ready In:
12 meatloaf cupcakes
For the Meatloaf Cupcakes
- 4 slices bacon (reserve bacon drippings)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 eggs
For the Mashed Potato Frosting
- 4 cups cubed peeled yukon gold potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream (or half & half)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Allow to cool. Crumble into pieces.
- Add chopped onion to the reserved bacon drippings and sauté 3-4 minutes. Cool.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, eggs, sautéed onions & crumbled bacon to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, make the mashed potatoes. Place potatoes in a pan; cover with water. Add pinch of salt, Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Put potatoes into a ricer for best results. Return potato to pan. Add heavy whipping cream and remaining ingredients; stir with a spoon to desired consistency. If they are not creamy enough for you, add up to 1/4 cup more cream or milk – although they need to be stiff enough to pipe on top.
- Put the potatoes into a pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe the mashed potatoes on top of the meatloaf.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Real life Brady Bunch Mom, chef, photographer & owner of TaylorMade Market.</p> <p> </p> <div style=text-align: center;>facebook.com/TaylorMadeMarket</div> <p style=text-align: center;><span>twitter.com/taylormadeTMM</span></p> <p style=text-align: center;><span> </span><span>pinterest.com/taylormademark</span></p> <div style=text-align: center;>instagram.com/taylormademarket </div>