Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. These simple and delicious potato macaroons are made with Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, cheddar cheese, and bacon! They make an easy appetizer or yummy side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Kids and adults love them! The best part is how quickly they come together! Simply delicious, simply prepared, Simply Potatoes!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup bacon bits (real bacon)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Form 2" balls from the mixture and place them on the prepared pan.
- Bake them for 40 minutes, or until well browned.
One of my all time favorites is cheese and potatoes. I made this recipie as a side dish for a dinner meal. It is easy to prepare. The macaroons are crisp and brown on the outside and moist and cheesy on the inside. They come out of the oven with a very appetising aroma and appearance. These macaroons would also make a great appetizer.
I served them to company before dinner as an appetizer!! They were such a hit that I wished I had made more!!
This was a clever and easy recipe! It was easy to make and had great flavor. I served them at a small dinner party as an appetizer and everyone was asking for more! The aroma was fantastic. The next day, my kids ate the second patch I had made to try as the side dish with our steak dinners, but really, they were happy to just chow down on these by themselves! Thanks!!!