Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy good tasting salad.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups diced cooked small red potatoes (don't overcook the potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- To make dressing, mix lemon juice and garlic.
- Stir in mayonaise and olive oil, set aside.
- Combine potatoes, celery, and onion.
- Fold in dressing.
- Gently fold in avocados and chopped cilantro.
I made this for dinner tonight, but have decided not to rate, after seeing how much the type of potato affects the salad. We don't have much choice as to potatoes here and the ones I used, though I watched them very carefully, showed a marked tendency to fall apart. I also think the avocados I got were not very flavorful. Just goes to show that the best recipe can be confounded by poor ingredients. In the not very likely chance of my finding good avocados and the right kind of potatoes, I'll try again and write a new review. Thank you for the recipe.
This was a nice change to the usual potato salad, I used a small red onion and lemons from our tree. I needed to make a little more dressing than the recipe calls for as my family like a 'wetter' salad. Great taste, thanks for sharing.