Tuna and Avocado Salad
I like this because it is a very colorful and tasty appetizer.
- Ready In:
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup avocado, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water (drained)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- tomatoes, sliced in wedges for decoration
- Mash eggs with regular fork.
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed, and scoop out pulp.
- Place pulp in bowl and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon to prevent discoloring.
- Mash pulp with fork.
- Mix eggs and pulp well.
- In separate bowl mix tuna, onions, and mayonnaise.
- Add tuna mixture to eggs and avocado,.
- Serve over lettuce with two tomato wedges on opposite sides of the plate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is nice. It's very nice. I used it as a sandwich filling, and managed to use only one bowl. I chopped the egg using one of those gadgets with wires, and that was easy. I think for next time, I would prefer the avocado with some chunks left, and also want to try this with chopped boiled shrimp, which I think will leave more scope for tasting the avocado. Thank you for posting this recipe.Reply
This was great! I had it over a bed of spinach. I didn't bother dirtying 3 bowls to make it though, I mashed the eggs, then the avocado on top of that, then added everything else and stirred well. Great way to add some healthy avocado to a diet without blowing calories and fat out of the water.Reply
see 4 more