Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
5 Ingredient Fix Contest Entry I have an 8 year old son with Asperger Syndrome. Eating any fruits or veggies is nearly unheard of for him. I have become very clever sneaking in items undetected by his sensitive palate. The potatoes add amazing texture to these fritters. He eats them like donuts, and I don't feel so guilty. I used Martha White brand Cinnamon Biscuit mix for these.
- 2 (7 ounce) packagesof cinnamon biscuit mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup shredded apple (I used Red Delicious)
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- oil (for frying)
- 1. Preheat Oil to 350.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cinnamon biscuit mix, potatoes and apples. Toss to coat well with dry biscuit mix. Add buttermilk, stirring to mix well. Drop by teaspoonful into hot oil. Fy until golden brown.
- 3. Remove, drain on paper towels.
- 4. Serve tossed with powdered sugar, with caramel sauce or apple butter.
This is an awesome twist with combining potatoes and apples!! YUMMY!!
I would never guess this had potatoes in it! My little girl loves them!