Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's different and it's delicious! This was given to me a few years back. I will try my best to get all that was given to me in the directions - clear and precise. A must try for a summer salad.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 carrots, bite size
- 1 (2 cup) bag lettuce
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced
- 5 -6 small sweet pickles, baby gherkins, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin plus a few extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 pinch dill
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 small tomato, sliced for garnish
- Cook potatoes and carrots - do not over cook - set aside and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl - add lettuce, celery, radishes, pickles, green olives and red onion, 1 T parsley - toss together.
- In a small bowl - mix mayo and sour cream. Add juice of 1/2 lemon (may need more, depending on taste), pickle juice, dill, salt and pepper. Should be a salad dressing consistency. Taste - may need more salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and carrots to salad mixture and fold in the dressing.
- Garnish with tomato and extra onions, olives and parsley.
- Chill for an hour or two. Enjoy!