Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is good, stodgy, winter comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 lb fat sausage, sliced
- 18 ounces floury potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1⁄2 pint hot chicken stock or 1⁄2 pint vegetable stock
- 3 ounces mature cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and fry the onion and sausages until starting to brown.
- Add the potato slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mustard, if using, to the stock, then pour into the pan.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Scatter the cheese over the top of the potatoes and put the pan under the grill for 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
I had been searching for an easy sausage hotpot recipe and I came across this one. It's brilliant, simple and easy to make and also quite delicious! Thank you
This was delicious. My husband and I really enjoyed this. It was very easy to put togethre and had lots of flavour. I really didn't think you needed to add any more salt, the salt from the sausages and broth added enough. This is total comfort food and I highly recommend it! Thanks SG! I will make this again!
needs just a dash more salt to bring out more flavor