Easy Oxtail Soup
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- Bring 10 cups of water to boil.
- Add the oxtails, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf.
- Bring back to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley and simmer on low for one hour longer.
- That's it!
- You can serve the oxtail on the side or you can tear off the meat and shred into smaller pieces and put it back into the soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy!!! This is my first experience cooking with oxtails and it won't be my last! =) What a rich broth....It reminded me of a good scotch broth/pepper pot soup. I love it. I used a pressure cooker to make this soup. First I cooked the beef for 30 minutes and then simmered the vegetables for another 30. Really warming and hearty! Five containers of this great stuff stacked in the freezer waiting to go to work with me soon. Thanks sooo much for posting! =)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-taught home cook who reads cookbooks like a novel. Then I try out all different nationalities of recipes, especially the more complicated ones...I love a challenge! I entertain often and enjoy cooking for others more than for myself. If my friends and family are happy eating my cooking, then I'm ecstatic!