Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful accompaniment to a barbecue spread in lieu of the standard potato salad or, if preferred, serve with a rich tomato gravy (Rich Tomato Gravy) and they become a light luncheon.
- Boil pototoes in well salted water for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
- Dunk instantly into ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Heat oil and stir in nutmeg.
- Drain potatoes and coat well with nutmeg oil.
- Wrap each potato with a rasher of bacon and thread 5 potatoes onto a skewer ensuring the bacon joint is secure.
- Barbecue kebabs approximately 10cm above heat source until bacon is crisp, then turn over and repeat until the bacon is crisp on all sides.
- These are better served hot off the coals.