Recipe by dayla
All the flavor with little points for your Weight Watchers plan. Great for breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Top Review by Trixyinaz
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I added 4 oz. mushrooms (1 oz. per serving), 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato (1/8 cup per serving) and 1 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/4 oz. per serving). I sauteed the mushrooms with the artichokes and onions (I used green onions). I didn't have "all ready made" italian seasoning so I sprinkled black pepper, salt, garlic powder, dried basil and dried oregeno over the veggies before sauteing. Then I added the potatoes and stired in the eggs - evenly distributing the veggies. Next I evenly spread the tomatoes on top. I let that cook for about 4 minutes, and just before throwing it into the oven, I sprinkled 1 oz. of mozzarella cheese evenly on top. Once in the oven, I let that bake about 6 minutes. Um, Um Good. Total meal based on WW journal entry with additional ingredients came to 3.5 points per serving (1/4 of frittata). I Served this with 1 cup unsweetened frozen-concentrate orange juice, diluted with 3 volume water (2 points) for a grand total of 5.5 points for breakfast. Thanks for sharing Dayla.
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained rinsed canned artichoke hearts, cut into wedges
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 small red potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp water.
- In a medium nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Saute the artichokes, scallions and seasoning until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes.
- Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring, until the eggs just begin to set, about 2 min.
- Evenly distribute the vegetables in the pan and cook, without stirring, until the eggs are almost set, 5-6 minutes.
- Invert and cut into wedges.
- Only 3 points per serving.