4 hrs 10 mins
Barbs Miller's Note:
Easy pot roast that makes it's own gravy. To me, the gravy is the best part. This can also be done in a crock pot beautifully - great for the busy mom! Roast does cook down and is well done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat roast with flour, salt, pepper& garlic powder.
- 2Pat off excess flour.
- 3Brown in some olive oil on all sides to form a nice crust.
- 4Place browned roast on aluminum foil (enough to complete a pouch).
- 5Cover roast with combined soup mixes& water.
- 6Wrap roast in foil, making sure it's sealed completely.
- 7Bake in a shallow pan at 300 degrees, 1 hour per pound.
- 8The soups create a fantastic gravy, so serve with garlic mashed potatoes!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast in Foil
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1305.9
- Calories from Fat 874
- Total Fat 97.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 321.8 mg
- Sodium 2120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 86.3 g