Oven Pot Roast With Carrots and Potatoes
This is the way my Mom made roast.
- Ready In:
- 1 blade roast, cut about 4 inches thick and weighing about 5 lbs.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 2 inch cubes
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- Sprinkle roast well with salt and pepper.
- Place in a large roasting pan.
- Add water, cover and cook roast for 1 1/2 hours in a 325* oven.
- Uncover and arrange vegetables around roast in pan.
- Recover and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are both fork tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more