Recipe by Barbs Miller
Easy pot roast that makes it's own gravy. To me, the gravy is the best part. This can also be done in a crock pot beautifully - great for the busy mom! Roast does cook down and is well done.
Top Review by ckcarruth
This is a fabulous recipe. Much better than how I was making roast boiling on the stove. My hubby had it reheated because of working late and he still thought it was delicious, will become a family favorite I am sure!!
- 4 -5 lbs roast (rump works well)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat roast with flour, salt, pepper& garlic powder.
- Pat off excess flour.
- Brown in some olive oil on all sides to form a nice crust.
- Place browned roast on aluminum foil (enough to complete a pouch).
- Cover roast with combined soup mixes& water.
- Wrap roast in foil, making sure it's sealed completely.
- Bake in a shallow pan at 300 degrees, 1 hour per pound.
- The soups create a fantastic gravy, so serve with garlic mashed potatoes!