1/1 Photo of Pot Roast Carne Asada Style
3 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle beef evenly with half the salt and pepper.
- 2Heat the oil in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add in the beef, and brown on all sides.
- 3Remove the meat from the pan, add in the onion, jalapeno, and cumin; cook/stir until the onion and pepper are softened, about 3 minutes.
- 4Return the meat to the pan and add the salsa and broth; bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- 5Cover, reduce the heat to med-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat falls apart, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 6Remove the meat from the pan and cover loosely with foil.
- 7Taste the sauce for salt and pepper and add more if necessary.
- 8Shred the beef, removing any fat, and serve with the sauce on the side.
- 9**Do-ahead--at this point, you can combine the beef and sauce, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days; it actually tastes better when cooked in advance.
- 10You can also freeze it in its sauce for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast Carne Asada Style
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 1045.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 40.3 g