Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Make and share this Pot Roast Carne Asada Style recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle beef evenly with half the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add in the beef, and brown on all sides.
- Remove the meat from the pan, add in the onion, jalapeno, and cumin; cook/stir until the onion and pepper are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan and add the salsa and broth; bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover, reduce the heat to med-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat falls apart, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pan and cover loosely with foil.
- Taste the sauce for salt and pepper and add more if necessary.
- Shred the beef, removing any fat, and serve with the sauce on the side.
- **Do-ahead--at this point, you can combine the beef and sauce, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days; it actually tastes better when cooked in advance.
- You can also freeze it in its sauce for up to 1 month.
Family enjoyed this very much!! We did have to drain the juice off so the tacos were not falling apart.
I have to limit my carbs, and this recipe, WOW! I can eat it plain on the first night, and then it's great in low carb tortillas or over a bed a lettuce. Such a great one! Thanks!