"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Being of Portuguese decent and from Rhode Island, this recipe combines both of my favorites! Make sure to serve warm, crusty bread with this to soak up all the delicious broth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash clams well in a sink of cold water. Discard any clams that are already opened.
- 2In a large stock pot with a tight fitting lid, place the cleaned clams.
- 3Add the sausage, onion, tomatoes, wine, garlic and red pepper.
- 4Cover and set over high heat; Steam until all the clams open up. Be sure to shake the pan often to insure even heat.
- 5Drizzle olive oil over the cooked clams. Evenly divide all the ingredients into warm soup plates.
- 6Divide the broth into side cups for dipping.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Steamed Clams
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.3
- Calories from Fat 718
- Total Fat 79.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 2628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 55.0 g