Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Being of Portuguese decent and from Rhode Island, this recipe combines both of my favorites! Make sure to serve warm, crusty bread with this to soak up all the delicious broth!
- Wash clams well in a sink of cold water. Discard any clams that are already opened.
- In a large stock pot with a tight fitting lid, place the cleaned clams.
- Add the sausage, onion, tomatoes, wine, garlic and red pepper.
- Cover and set over high heat; Steam until all the clams open up. Be sure to shake the pan often to insure even heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cooked clams. Evenly divide all the ingredients into warm soup plates.
- Divide the broth into side cups for dipping.