Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you can get hold of piri piri seicana chillies replace the birds-eye chillies. We add 5-10 ml chillies but I suggest that you adjust to your taste.
- Saute the chopped onion and crushed garlic in olive oil in a large pan.
- Add all ingredients except the wine & chicken livers.
- Add Chicken livers and fry over medium heat until browned.
- Add the white wine and simmer on gentle heat until done.
- Serve with rice or bread.
Wonderful spicy flavor - I used a piri piri sauce called Mama Africa's (i tsp) it would blister paint but I added just the right amount so there was a perfect heat.. The combination of spices are great For the wine I used Marsala. Really mellow This is a make again recipe for sure.
Delicious as, fabulous with a pint of lager.