Recipe by hkjenn
Not the chinese egg tarts! It's another variation. The tops are suppose to be burnt. I got it from Leelee in jo's deli bakery site.
Top Review by Mia #3
Hi hkjenn: well by the looks of this receipe it's definatly not "portuguese eggtarts ", but rather "pasteis de natas". I live here in portugal and have these often. Their absalutly delicious.
Ingredients for oil dough
- 30 g shortening
- 30 g pastry margarine
- 60 g hong kong flour
Ingredients for dough
- 60 g plain flour
- 12 g eggs
- 5 g shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
Ingredients for Egg Filling
- 5 egg yolks
- 90 g caster sugar
- 75 g evaporated milk
- 175 g dairy whipping cream
- 250 ml uht milk (full cream milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well the egg and sugar.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Leave aside for later use.
- Method for Oil Dough: Put all ingredients together to make into a dough.
- Keep in the fridge for abt 15 minutes Method for Dough: Put all ingredients into mixing bowl and mix to a dough.
- Method for assembling: Roll the dough to 1 cm thick and fold in the oil dough.
- Roll it to 2 single and 2 double fold.
- Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes Roll the dough to 1/2 cm thick and cut the size required.
- Put in the mould and pour in the egg filling and bake at 180C for 15 minutes Notes: The egg fillings is enough for 2 recipe of the dough.
- So if you are doing 1 whole recipe of the egg filling, then double the dough recipe.