Recipe by Mami J
A roasted chicken marinated in a black peppercorn, garlic and Madeira wine paste. Prep time is marinating time. Found online for Zaar World Tour 5.
- 1 roasting chicken (2.5 lbs, aprox.)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 78.07 ml madeira wine
- 44.37 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken on a roasting pan, tempered glass or ceramic.
- In a food processor or with a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic cloves and the peppercorns, making a paste. Place in a small bowl and incorporate the Madeira. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil over the chicken. Place chicken in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until juices run clear. Let rest 15-20 minutes before carving.