Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 min
A roasted chicken marinated in a black peppercorn, garlic and Madeira wine paste. Prep time is marinating time. Found online for Zaar World Tour 5.
- 1 roasting chicken (2.5 lbs, aprox.)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄3 cup madeira wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken on a roasting pan, tempered glass or ceramic.
- In a food processor or with a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic cloves and the peppercorns, making a paste. Place in a small bowl and incorporate the Madeira. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil over the chicken. Place chicken in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until juices run clear. Let rest 15-20 minutes before carving.
This produced a very moist and tender chicken. The madeira marinade really helped to assure the chicken was deeply golden during roasting, and it was positively yummy. I am so glad I tried this recipe! Thanks for posting, Mami Janine. Made for ZWT5.
Made for ZWT 5 Spain Portugal region For Team Zaar Chow Hounds This made the chicken moist tender chicken. I used a Spanish olive oil for drizzling on the chicken.
This was the main attraction of Menu #28298 la buena mesa! :)