Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook4 hrs 30 mins
Fresh thyme and Portobello mushrooms...2 of our favorite flavors in one delicious soup.
Make and share this Portobello Mushroom Soup (Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute 3 to 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and add broth and next 6 ingredients (sherry through white pepper).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Whisk together evaporated milk and flour; stir into soup.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 more minutes.