Recipe by Hey Jude
Fresh thyme and Portobello mushrooms...2 of our favorite flavors in one delicious soup.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute 3 to 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and add broth and next 6 ingredients (sherry through white pepper).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Whisk together evaporated milk and flour; stir into soup.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 more minutes.