Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1/4 cup. Per serving: 69 calories, 0.2 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 0.5 g fiber, 8.4 g carb, 0 mg cholesterol. May use with beef, lamb, venison, or pork.
Top Review by Serah B.
I used a mix of mushrooms rather than just shiitakes, and forgot to get a shallot, so substituted w/ white onion. This makes a very flavorful gravy--however the vinegar was slightly over-powering, so I will reduce it next time. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup port wine (or other sweet red wine)
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Add mushrooms and flour to a bowl; toss well.
- In a medium skillet, combine wine, shallots, and vinegar; bring to a boil, cook about 3 minutes or until thick.
- Reduce heat to medium; add in broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and rosemary; cook 1 minute.
- Add mushroom mixture; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in mustard.