Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fairly simple stir fry dish. This could probably be adapted to different tastes quite easily such as different vegetables and/or meat. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb pork (any lean cut)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (drained from pineapple chunks)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup green pepper, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- Slice pork thinly (meat is easier to slice when partly frozen).
- Combine soy sauce& 1 tbls.
- cornstarch in a bowl.
- Marinate pork in this mixture at least 15 minutes but an hour or more is better.
- Mix remaining 1 tbls. cornstarch with sugar& 1/2 cup pineapple juice, set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok.
- Add pork to skilled& stir fry until done, time depends on sizes of pork pieces but it should only take a few minutes.
- Add pineapple juice mixture to meat& blend thoroughly, remove from pan.
- Stir fry green pepper, carrots& pineapple chunks for about 3 minutes.
- Return meat& juice mixture to pan, stir just until heated through.
Very easy & good. Next time I think I'll try it with chicken.
I made it with beef , it was easy , nice and yummy.
Easy and tasty......I did make one change.....I used red pepper instead of the carrot, only because I didn't have any on hand. Still one I will be making often though. Thanks for posting.