Recipe by Wenstar
A spicey stir fry tweaked to make it Cruiser friendly. One of my daughters favorite ways to eat eggplant.
Top Review by Sackville
We quite enjoyed this and found it had a lot of flavour, even though we were out of onions AND garlic (unthinkable, I know!). The eggplant becomes very soft and velvety and the sauce has a great spicey side to it. There was no need to add extra salt, but then we used full-salt soy sauce. The only thing I'd change is to double the sauce as there wasn't quite enough for our tastes.
- 8 cups eggplants, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon oil, Canola
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and sriracha. You can use more or less sriracha according to your taste, one teaspoon gives it a little zing, use more if you like it hotter. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat, cook onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add thinly sliced pork and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add egplant and soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until the eggplant is cooked.
- Season with salt if neccessary.
- Serve with rice.