Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and healthy. Easy to throw together quickly.
Make and share this Pork With Carrots and Snow Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in a skillet. Slice chops horizontally into thirds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry in oil on medium high heat until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add carrots and snow peas to pan. Cook, stirring, one minute.
- Combine broth, flour and lemon juice. Add to carrots in skillet. Cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until liquid is slightly thickened. Return pork to pan. Heat through.
This was pretty good, and bf said it's "not bad at all". My pork chops were already thin so I skipped slicing them horizontally. I also decided to add some garlic and sweet onions to the snow peas and carrots. It was just bf and I so I used 2 thin boneless chops. I only had 6 oz of snow peas. I used 3 carrots (they were long and skinny) and I had leftover chicken broth that was 3/4 cup so I just used a bit more lemon juice and flour. I used 1 tsp of minced jarred garlic (too lazy to mince fresh heh) and about 1/3 of a cup worth of quartered/sliced sweet onion. I put the onion and garlic in with the carrots and snow peas. I cooked everything a bit longer than recipe states. The veggies were still crisp-tender and went really well with the pork. I served this with white rice. Thank you MaeEast for a nice dish. :) I'd like to add, that there was a bit leftover of the veggies and broth sauce. I reheated it in the microwave tossed with leftover spaghetti noodles that needed to get used up and it was a very nice lunch. Thanks again! :)