Recipe by English_Rose
Serve hot with creamy mashed potato, steamed green beans and tomato chutney. This meatloaf is also delicious served at room temperature - it is ideal for picnics and served sliced thinly in sandwiches.
- 1 2⁄3 lbs ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease an 11 x 21cm x 6cm-deep loaf pan. Place pork, oats, carrot, zucchini, onion, pepper, sauces, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Place meat mixture into greased pan, press down and smooth surface.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until brown on top and cooked through. Set aside in pan for 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from meatloaf. Turn out onto board. Slice and serve with mashed potato, steamed beans and chutney.