Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve hot with creamy mashed potato, steamed green beans and tomato chutney. This meatloaf is also delicious served at room temperature - it is ideal for picnics and served sliced thinly in sandwiches.
- 1 2⁄3 lbs ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease an 11 x 21cm x 6cm-deep loaf pan. Place pork, oats, carrot, zucchini, onion, pepper, sauces, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Place meat mixture into greased pan, press down and smooth surface.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until brown on top and cooked through. Set aside in pan for 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from meatloaf. Turn out onto board. Slice and serve with mashed potato, steamed beans and chutney.