Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
i made this dish after seeing a recipe for roast duck with raspberry sauce, and it's actually quite good- let me know.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Chambord raspberry liquor
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 3 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- mix basting sauce ingredients together, set aside.
- preheat oven to 425f.
- add tenderlons and cook 7 minutes, baste with sauce, cook 10 minutes more.
- turn over and continue to cook, basting every few minutes 10-20 minutes until done.
- meanwhile make cranberry sauce.
- for Place 3 cups of the berries, the tomato, tomato paste, vinegar and herbs in a 1 quart saucepan. (Reserve 1/4 c remaining berries for garnish).
- Simmer over low heat until the juice of the berries is released. Pour the berry mixture into a sieve and press down with a rubber spatula to release the juices back into the saucepan.
- Return the sauce pan to the heat. Add the chicken stock and simmer over low heat.
- add pomegranate syrup and creme de cassis, stir to thicken. serve over sliced tenderloin.