Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For the ZWT 5 Portugal Times are approximate and does not include marinading time
- 2 lbs boneless pork (cubed )
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped )
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste )
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped )
- 10 large pitted black olives
- lemon wedge (for garnish)
- Marinate pork in mixture of cumin, garlic, bayleaf, salt, pepper, wine and lemon juice.
- Marinate for 6 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade and reserve liquid.
- Saute in oil, onion and pork until pork is browned.
- Add marinade and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 30 minutes add water or stock if necessary to keep it moist. Scatter with olives and serve with lemon wedges.
I cut the recipe back to about 12 oz of pork - no problem. When I was simmering the pork I added 1/4 cup white wine Loved the lemon served with it as well as having it in the marinade. Thanks for lovely dinner.
Wow Delicious! I have been amazed with your recipes. I was afraid the Cumin was going to be overpowering 2 tsp seemed alot and cumin can be tangy to the tongue, but the lemon settled that down really well. I marinated my meat, well over 24 hours so it was nice n tasty and tender. This was the perfect Sunday meal with baked potatoes and a salad. I used some Portuguese Pimento Sauce which gave it a little red color and a tang of spiciness. Excellent and I will make it again. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game.
This was a good, easy, hearty meal. I added paprika to the pork while it was cooking, and we really enjoyed the extra flavor that it added. This took much less than the 30 minutes stated for the pork to cook through, so check it often to avoid overcooking. I served this over rice, which was really nice for soaking up the extra sauce. I may thicken the sauce next time, after removing the pork from the skillet, to give it a more gravy-like texture. Thanks for posting a very yummy recipe!