Recipe by Jazzy'sNamma
Pork, mushrooms and red wine.
Top Review by KC's Mom
The pork steaks came out sooo tender! There was a lot of liquid left over though. I only made two very large steaks which might account for the excess liquid. I will definitely make this again and play with the amounts to see if I get a different result!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet. Brown pork on both sides.
- Remove meat from skillet.
- Add onions and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until onion and mushrooms are tender but not browned.
- Add pork back to skillet.
- Pour wine over pork; cover tightly and simmer 1 hour or until pork steaks are tender.
- Garnish with parsley.