Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have your local meat market fix you up with two pork shoulder steaks for this easy meal.
- 2 pork shoulder
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drain and reserve juice
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups reserved pineapple juice (and water to equal this 2 cup liquid)
- salt and pepper
- Trim and divide each steak into two pieces.
- Brown in skillet.
- Add pineapple, rice, and liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
I made this recipe exactly as written. It was pretty good, but could use some improvement. Next time I make it I will add more seasoning when cooking the meat as well as after adding the pineapple juice. Soy sauce would be a really good addition, My boyfriend and I added soy sauce to ours once it was done cooking. Definitely will try this recipe again, with my alterations!
I did add garlic, soy sauce and ginger to this 'cause that's what the family likes. I really liked the one pot meal! I'd like to try adding some veggies. thanks.