This recipe is from Mark Bittman. The cooking time does not include time to marinate.
Make and share this Pork Satay recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of external fat
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slice the pork as thinly as you can (it's easier if you freeze it for 15 to 20 minutes first).
- Cut the slices into pieces, about 1 1/2 inches is diameter.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and stir the pork into them. Let sit for a few hours or overnight, refrigerated.
- Thread the pork onto skewers without crowding, reserving the marinade.
- Grill or broil until browned all over, a total of 5 to 8 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil and reduce it slightly. Use as a dipping sauce.