1/5 Photos of Pork Satay
susie cooks's Note:
This recipe is from Mark Bittman. The cooking time does not include time to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of external fat
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Slice the pork as thinly as you can (it's easier if you freeze it for 15 to 20 minutes first).
- 2Cut the slices into pieces, about 1 1/2 inches is diameter.
- 3Mix together the remaining ingredients and stir the pork into them. Let sit for a few hours or overnight, refrigerated.
- 4Thread the pork onto skewers without crowding, reserving the marinade.
- 5Grill or broil until browned all over, a total of 5 to 8 minutes.
- 6While the meat is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil and reduce it slightly. Use as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Satay
Serving Size: 1 (758 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 836.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: