Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe with Maple Syrup from Coup de Pouce
Make and share this Pork Roast With Goat Cheese and Maple Sauce from Quebec recipe from Food.com.
Pork roast with goat cheese
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons pecans or 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 -3 lbs pork roast
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup veal stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preparation of the roast : In a bowl, mix goat cheese and pecans. Add salt and pepper. Remove the string that is around the roast if needed, then do an incision on all the length in the center. With a spatula, spread the mixture of cheese in the cavity of the roast. Add salt and pepper if wanted. Tie up again the roast on all the length with a roast string.
- Put pork roast in an oven dish. In a bowl, mix maple syrup and water and sprinkle on the roast. Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for about 1 hour or until pork is lightly pink inside and have an internal temperature of 158°F Sprinkle the roast with liquid every 15 minutes.
- Preparation of the sauce : In a casserole, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add shallots and cook about 3 minutes or until tender (don’t let it be golden). Add the veal stock, port wine and maple syrup. Bring to boil and let simmer for about 3 minutes. In a small casserole, melt the remaining butter. Incorporate the flour. Add the mixture of butter to the sauce and whip 2 to 3 minutes or until thick. When ready to serve, cut the roast in slices and sprinkle with maple sauce.
Nice change from the average pork roast - very interesting blend of flavors.