Prep 25 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
Alice Sircar's delicious recipe.
- 1 kg venison (or 1 kg pork)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cardamom powder, powdered
- Cut pork into cubes and marinate in turmeric, chilli, salt and vinager.
- Fry onions in oil till brown, fry ginger and garlic add coriander.
- Add meat and marinade and cook on low heat till tender and only oil remains.
- Bottle when cool. Keep in fridge and eat within 60 days. Let mature for a.
- week after cooking before eating.