Recipe by Dine & Dish
We love onions and caramelized is one of our favorite ways to have onions with meat! This recipe was out of Taste of Home magazine and instantly became a hit with my family! I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pork in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.