Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
We love onions and caramelized is one of our favorite ways to have onions with meat! This recipe was out of Taste of Home magazine and instantly became a hit with my family! I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pork in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Made the recipe,very good.I do not use sugar,I thought the onions tasted wonderful!
This was a great way to make pork loin. With the caramelized onions it added a very good side flavor. My family loved it and they would tell you that don`t like onions much. I did make it with a apple wood marinated loin. I`m sure it did help in the flavor. It came out great.Thank you for the recipe.
Wow this wass really good. I wish I would have read the reviews first as I too would have made more then one onion. We fought over the onion. I did have to cook mine for an hour and a half and it was done perfectly.