Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious sauce. From Aces cookbook in the Best of Bridge cookbook series.
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin roast, to 6 pounds
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line roasting pan with foil. Cook roast until temperature on meat thermometer reaches 170ºF (30 minutes per pound.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After roast reaches 170ºF, brush frequently with sauce while continuing to roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Pass remaining sauce with roast.
Very good! Used homemade plum jam and accidentally added 1 t of both garlic and onion powder. It was the perfect amount of sauce for a three pound pork roast. Cooked to 150, then basted with sauce until thermometer reached 170. About 10 minutes before it was done, I dumped the rest of the sauce over the roast so it could thicken and carmelize a bit before serving. Let the roast rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is the bomb! The flavour of the sauce is soooo goood. All the flavours complimented one another perfectly. The meat was tender and juicy, a real treat. I'll be making this easy to make dish again & again. Thanks so much for sharing lazyme.