Recipe by Catnip46
Easy to make and no reason why you couldn't substitute any kind of meat for the pork. Good dish to take to pot lucks.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Really nice comfort food casserole. I had some leftover rotisserie chicken so I used it instead of the pork. Otherwise, made as directed and served with a side salad. I also used low-sodium/fat soups since they were available. Thanks for the post! Made for the 1-2-3 Tag, January, 2012.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into bit-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup saltine, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat oil. Cook pork, celery,red or green pepper and onion until the meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine pork mixture, noodles, soups, corn, milk, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Turn into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes or until heated through.