Recipe by Teenah
From www.foodnetwork.com, the best that I've ever made. I love the flavor from the patis (fish sauce). I also add red and or green bell pepper for the color and taste. Pretty Christmas color dish!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean pork, sliced in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) can pimientos, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute garlic, onions and pork until browned.
- Add soy sauce, patis, water and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pork is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, peas and pimientos.
- Simmer for another 5 more minutes.
- Salt to taste.