Recipe by Dolphin
This is a budget family meal and is low in fat. Add a salad for summer and vegetables for winter.
- cooking oil
- 2 pork fillets
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 green apples, peeled cored and thickly sliced like pineapple rings
- arugula leaf (rocket)
- 2 sliced carrots, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium frying pan with oil.
- Cook pork over high heat for 10-15 minutes covered.
- Add leeks, garlic and 1/2 cup stock to a large frying pan, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium heat 5-7 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in sugar and vinegar for 1 minute.
- Add apple and cook on high heat until caramelized.
- Stir in remaining stock and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Slice pork thickly, top with apple and leek.
- Serve on rocket leaves with carrots.