Recipe by Irmgard
This scrumptious recipe from the Canadian Living website is easy enough for weeknights but fancy enough to serve to guests.
- 4 pork loin, centre chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the pork chops with half of the salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the pork chops, turning once, until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and drain the fat from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the shallots, garlic and remaining salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, dried cranberries, apply jelly, vinegar and rosemary.
- Stir until the jelly melts and cranberries soften, about 4 minutes.
- Return the pork and any juices to the pan, turning to coat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer, turning once, until the juices run clear when the pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a platter and keep warm.
- Boil the sauce until syrupy, about 1 minute.
- Pour over the pork.