Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This scrumptious recipe from the Canadian Living website is easy enough for weeknights but fancy enough to serve to guests.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with half of the salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the pork chops, turning once, until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and drain the fat from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the shallots, garlic and remaining salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, dried cranberries, apply jelly, vinegar and rosemary.
- Stir until the jelly melts and cranberries soften, about 4 minutes.
- Return the pork and any juices to the pan, turning to coat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer, turning once, until the juices run clear when the pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a platter and keep warm.
- Boil the sauce until syrupy, about 1 minute.
- Pour over the pork.