Recipe by Oolala
Apricot nectar or plum nectar can be used for the Marsala if you like. Fry chops first and then bake.
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, center cut, about 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Season chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dip chops in egg and then breadcrumbs to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and brown chops on both sides.
- Arrange chops in an ungreased baking dish.
- Pour the wine over the chops and sprinkle chops with the dried basil.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about an hour until chops are tender, basting occasionally.