Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to a paper towel and reserve.
- In the bacon fat, saute the apples over medium heat until they are soft, but not mushy.
- The cut edges should brown and caramelize.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a brown paper bag and shake thoroughly.
- Shake the pork chops in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the chops in the remaining fat over medium high-heat until they are browned, turning once.
- Serve the chops on warmed plates, covered with the apples and 4 pieces of bacon per chop.
Very good, but needed a bit of spice. I added about 1 teasp. Provencal spice mix to the flour mixture and 1 onion to the apples. We really enjoyed the flavors and textures. Thank you Charlotte!
This recipe was absolutely amazing. I used 3 apples and 2 onions instead of the six. Also i only used half the bacon to cut down on fat. My husband is not very fond of pork but he said this is definately something that will be made again. Absolutely wonderful for the tastebuds.