Top Review by Mama2boys
Very good, but needed a bit of spice. I added about 1 teasp. Provencal spice mix to the flour mixture and 1 onion to the apples. We really enjoyed the flavors and textures. Thank you Charlotte!
- 12 slices of thick-sliced thick slab bacon, halved
- 6 small sweet apples, cut in wedges
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thin-sliced pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to a paper towel and reserve.
- In the bacon fat, saute the apples over medium heat until they are soft, but not mushy.
- The cut edges should brown and caramelize.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a brown paper bag and shake thoroughly.
- Shake the pork chops in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the chops in the remaining fat over medium high-heat until they are browned, turning once.
- Serve the chops on warmed plates, covered with the apples and 4 pieces of bacon per chop.