Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From "A Taste of Oregon". My family loves pork chops, so I am always looking for a variety of ways to fix them. This is one of our favorites.
- 3 lbs thick pork chops
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 lemon, cut in thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season pork chops with salt and place in large baking dish.
- Top each pork chop with an onion slice and a lemon slice.
- Mix brown sugar and ketchup; spoon a couple of tablespoons over each chop.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
my family also love pork chops.i used the fore-quarter(larger)kind as i find these don't tend to dry out.this recipe is a great no-fuss one that you can addapt to feed a crowd(as i do on a nightly basis!)
I liked the bit of sweet and tart and the fact that it was so quick. My family was happy with it.Sharron cant
It is amazing how such simple ingredients make such a FANTASTIC dish!!! My husband absolutely raved over these!!!! I added a good splash of balsamic vinegar to the ketchup and brown sugar, just because I'm a balsamic-aholic, and these were incredible. Will DEFINITELY make these again, and will double the sauce next time!