Recipe by crazycookinmama
Skillet-Seared chops, smothered with onion, left alone to simmer until perfect tenderness. Super easy dinner. By Southern Living Homestyle Cooking.
Top Review by Ms B.
I had loin chops on hand and found that braising in the liquid helped to really keep them moist and juicy. The onions had an excellent flavor with the cider vinegar and brown sugar. This recipe will be repeated, as the prep is so easy and produces a lot of flavor.
- 6 boneless center cut pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Cook pork chops in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add Onions, and remaining ingredients to skillet.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.