Recipe by Scandigirl
Comfort food anyone? Try this one! It is a real great way to serve a pork chop and we like it with mashed potatoes as the gravy is so good! I garnish with 1/2 tomato with a sprinkle of olive oil and 1/2 tsp. of fresh shredded Basil, it is optional.
Top Review by henway00
I just used half a can of condensed mush. soup in my sauteed mushrooms as a short cheat on the sauce. I also used fine-round stuffing cubes (b/c I had them) rather than trad. bread crumbs. The chops were so tender and delicious! Perfectly done. In the summer, I like to grill them, but this oven recipe is just as good, if not better. Terrific.
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced and washed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove some of the fat from the pork chops, season them with salt and pepper and dip them one at a time in the flour.
- Then dip the floured pork chops first in the beaten eggs, then in the bread crumbs.
- Place the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork chops.
- Cook them on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Then place the frying pan in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Do not cover.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and put them on a service platter.
- Add the butter to your pan and place it over medium heat on top of the stove.
- When the butter is melted, add the mushrooms.
- Saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, seasoning to taste.
- Add the flour and the horseradish, mix well together, then add the chicken stock.
- Continue to taste and serve the pork chops with the sauce.
- Garnish with tomato slices.