Braised Pork Chops With Tomatoes
Pork Chops braised with tomatoes, anchovies and rosemary. Don't worry, the anchovies will disintegrate and are only for flavoring the sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops (2 bone-in pork loin chops about 1 1/2 inch thick)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, more for seasoning pork
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, more for seasoning pork
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, roughly chopped (preferably a mix of red and yellow)
- 6 anchovy fillets
- polenta, egg noodles (optional) or rice, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat; sear chops in 1 tablespoon of oil until well browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet and cook onion and rosemary, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to caramelize and turn golden, about 5 minutes; add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, anchovies, remaining salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break down, about 8 minutes.
- Return pork chops to skillet and spoon sauce over chops.
- Cover skillet and place in preheated oven and cook until internal meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over polenta, egg noodles, or rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation