Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a tasty meal try this recipe for grilled pork chops served on a bed of pulses.
- 10 tablespoons Italian olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 pinches of crushed dried chilies
- 14 ounces lentils
- 14 ounces cannellini beans
- 4 pork chops
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 fresh mozzarella balls, drained and sliced
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the onion and dried chili and fry until golden, stirring often.
- Add in the canned lentils and cannellini beans, together with the juices. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, cooking off the liquid.
- Using a hand-blender, blend the lentil mixture into a puree.
- Preheat a griddle pan until hot.
- Coat the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and chopped rosemary.
- Griddle the chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chops to a roasting tray. Top each chop with a rosemary stalk, then 2 slices of mozzarella. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat the broiler, then grill the chops for 1-2 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of the lentil mixture each on 4 serving plates, then top with a pork chop. Serve at once.