Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pork chops cooked in a nice milk and broth polenta -- from the cookbook IN NONNA'S KITCHEN
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 leaves fresh sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup meat broth
- 5⁄8 cup polenta or 5⁄8 cup cornmeal
- fresh ground black pepper
- preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- melt butter in a 12 inch flameproof casserole.
- add chops and saute over medium-high heat, turning to brown on both sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- sprinkle garlic, sage,bayleaf, and rosemary needles.
- bathe pork chops and herbs in white wine and cook over medium high heat and turning until the wine has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
- mix together milk, broth, and polenta.
- after a few minutes, add polenta mixture to the pan, lifting each chop and making sure the mixture gets underneath.
- stir well to incorporate the polenta mixture and the pan juices.
- sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.
- put entire mixture in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Add more broth if needed, until polenta is thick, yet soft and creamy.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serve immediately.