Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
10 minutes prep time and then sit back and relax while your oven does all the work! Add a vegetable on the side, and this makes a great quick meal for family yet is suitable for company.
- 4 -6 pork chops (4 if bone-in, 6 if boneless)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 -5 russet potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced (optional)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- dried parsley, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter/grease 9"x13" baking dish.
- Spread sliced potatoes evenly in baking dish.
- Layer sliced onions on top of potatoes.
- Spread Cream of mushroom soup over all (if you use the new creamier cooking version of this soup, you don't need to add water. If using the old version, add only a few drops of water to make it more spreadable).
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper, paprika and parsley.
- Position chops on top of potato/soup mixture, pressing chops into soup so that each chop has a coating of soup.
- Turn each chop over and repeat pressing action.
- Bake uncovered for one hour or until potatoes are tender.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and this was delicious. I did cut the potatoes fairly thin so they cooked up easily. Served this with Heavenly Deviled Eggs#292570 and Sweet & Tangy Broccoli Salad#350203. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.
Nice recipe. It was very simple and tasty. I had a little problem with the potatoes cooking thru but that may have been my fault. I made 2 pork chops and one large potato in an 8x8-inch dish. I cooked this for an extra 1/2 hour and even then some of the potatoes were not soft yet. So maybe you can't make a thick layer of potatoes? Anyway - the taste was good and it was simple and tasty. Thanks RedhairMac for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
So yummy! Thanks for posting!