Recipe by Jewelies
My mums well used recipe.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Delicious! This is a german recipe. The cayenne pepper is an addition. It is very good with no changes. My hubby's favorite meat and now he can't eat. Such a shame and it is such a good recipe!Use firm apples. Do not use delicious apples or a soft apple.The apples will be mushy. The pork has been very tender but I seal it with tin foil when baking.
- 4 pork loin chops, trimmed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 apples, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (I use 1 t)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (I use 1 t)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Place pork chops in single layer in large baking dish.
- Saute onions and place on top of chops.
- Place apple on top.
- Drizzle with honey and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle cayenne, allspice, cinnamon and salt on top.
- Pour water around the edges.
- Cook covered for 1 hour or until chops are cooked through.